none
Exchange Server 2010 - No unique message id for messages retreived RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,<o:p></o:p>

I have a setup of Exchange Server 2010 Standard. I also have a duplicate messages in the public folders. When I retrieve messages/mails from the public folders through Exchange web services, I get the messages properly but in my set up the message id for each message is not a unique number. Since this is not unique, I thought of concatenating EntryStoreID and message id hoping that it would provide me a unique number, but the problem is, when I migrated all the messages from 2007 to 2010 exch server, EntryStoreId is not populated. EntryStoreId is populated only for the new messages. <o:p></o:p>

Can I know which attribute I can use other than entryStoreId to make my messages unique? <o:p></o:p>

Regards,<o:p></o:p>

Gaurav<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:55 AM

All replies

• I would suggest you post some of your code as your question isn't that clear. The ewsId will always be unique for every item but its generally not something you want to store. If you have duplicate messages then finding a unique property generally won't help I would suggest you have a look at the duplicate items with a MAPI editor that may provide a way of duplicating if that is what your trying to do.

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, February 18, 2016 12:57 AM