none
Site Content Type not showing in Available Site Content Types List RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SharePoint 2010. I have created a Global content type which was based on the Welcome Page. I then created an FAQ content type based on the Global content type.

I then created a custom list and set it to allow management of content types. However, when I try to add the FAQ content type created above, it is not in the list, nor is the Global.

If I go into a document library I created earlier and try to add it, they are both there.

What is preventing me from adding this content type to a list?

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:33 PM

Answers

• These inherit from document content type and will not be feasible in lists (not list items). You create these as separate entities like you do with documents.
    AK
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:44 PM

All replies

• These inherit from document content type and will not be feasible in lists (not list items). You create these as separate entities like you do with documents.
    AK
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Hi Lily,

Can you please explain this in detail further as I am new to sharepoint and going through the same thing as Hollie, except that I publish my infopath as content type. And I'm able to see it in form and document library when allow management of content types.

However, when I create a custom list and want to use the content type, the content type is not avail in the list option. Please advice.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Friday, November 8, 2013 9:12 PM