Secure KeyVault Access Linux RRS feed

• Question

• I have a batch pool of linux nodes. My batch job tasks need to get some secrets from keyvault. I am following the guidance in this documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/batch/credential-access-key-vault

I do not have access to powershell as I am running linux. Is there guidance on how to do this without the azure powershell module? My tasks currently execute a java application.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We have 2 options.

One is to install powershell core in the Linux machine and the follow the same tutorial. Then you can follow the same tutorial.

Second option is to install azure cli to the Linux machine. Then need to convert the azure powershell commands to the azure cli commands. For each of the azure powershell commands used in that document, we have azure cli as well.

Please go through them and let me know which options suits for your scenario

Friday, February 28, 2020 10:46 AM
  • Thank you, I will try the az cli route. 

Do you know if this is possible to do in directly in Java via the azure sdk and keyvault library?

Friday, February 28, 2020 4:13 PM
  • For interacting with the Azure API's this should also be possible using the Azure SDKs for Java.  If you do not already have a certificate, you would also need to use Java's mechanism for creating certificates (likely a class in java.security)
    Friday, February 28, 2020 4:29 PM
  • I have added the linked article to the backlog for revision.  We can incorporate the findings of this post to help improve the article.

d

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 10:22 PM