SQL 2005 Analysis Services RRS feed

• Question

• I have SQL 2005 SP1 already installed and I am trying simply to add Analysis Services in without screwing anything up.

I re-run setup from the original CD, but then I receive the following warning:

To change an existing instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to a different edition of SQL Server 2005, you must run SQL Server 2005 Setup from the command prompt and include the SKUUPGRADE=1 parameter.

Can I safely continue with the installation and just check Analysis Services since it is just a warning? And after the install re-run SQL 2005 SP1 or is there a way to add this from the SP1 installation files, please help.

Monday, May 14, 2007 2:41 AM

Answers

• To add AS at SP1 level, insert your original media and run "setup.exe SKUUPGRADE=1".  Go through the install and add the AS component.  Then run the SP1 install and patch the newly added AS component.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

Monday, May 14, 2007 5:15 AM

All replies

• To add AS at SP1 level, insert your original media and run "setup.exe SKUUPGRADE=1".  Go through the install and add the AS component.  Then run the SP1 install and patch the newly added AS component.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

Monday, May 14, 2007 5:15 AM
  • I'd like to check if I understand the same problem in another context (with SP2).

You have installation of SQL Server 2005 (w/o SP1), then you downloaded and installed SP1 and then you try over patched (or, more exactly,  ServicePacked) instance to run original setup...
    And SP will not applied to components or instances (being added) without SKUUPGRADE=1

But, I guess, if you did not bother to use SKUPGRADE parameter (or prefer to do automatically, i.e. without typing), you may simply rerun SP installation after setup.

Friday, May 25, 2007 6:44 AM