none
Best approach to Update WCF Service References RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I need your valuable suggestion on the below issue

I have a business process implemented in orchestration and it has 3 different WCF service calls.

In visual studio I have maintain 3 different schema projects for these 3 different WCF Services and added schema projects references to the orchestration project and implemented orchestration.

Recently these services are getting upgraded and WSDL's are getting changed. I know how to update the service reference in BizTalk projects but I want to know the best approach to update the WCF service references BizTalk projects.

Could you please help me in this.

Thanks&Regards

Ammu.

Monday, March 2, 2015 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Ammu,

I hope when you mean by  3 different schema projects for these 3 different WCF Services, you have used Consume WCF wizard in each of the project and generated the artifacts and in your Orchestration you’re just referenced those 3 project to access the schema definitions in the appropriate WSDLs.

When you said “I know how to update the service reference in BizTalk projects”, when you have used Consume WCF wizard, there is no way to “update the service reference in BizTalk projects”, if the WCF’s WSDL got changed/updated, you got to delete the existing artifacts in those wcf schema specific projects and regenerate the artifacts again, you can’t just update them.

If you mean by using the Consume WCF wizard to generate the artifacts and regenerate the artifacts when the WCF WSDL changed, then it’s the correct approach as you also have separate projects for each WCF services. So in future if any one of the WCF definition changed, you just need to update one of the projects. 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Proposed as answer by Chandra Kumar Monday, March 2, 2015 7:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ammu_Biz Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:47 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 7:15 PM