Error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Question

• Hi, i'm try do download code Sample from here

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Audio-player-with-real-c4413a30

And try to run as Release in C# Code but have this Error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." at Line

var arr = player.GetFFT();

But in Debug Mode is run very well. I know this forum of C++, but i think this error from DLL C++ so anyone can help me :( ?

Thank you very much :(

• Edited by Raymond Le Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:14 PM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:14 PM

Answers

• You are probably right that the error is in the C++ DLL, before the call to GetFFT, but I don't see anything in a quick look and it could be a debugger issue: I reproduce the problem only if I build for release mode and run it under the managed debugger, but not if I build debug mode or if I run it without the debugger or with the native only debugger.

I'll notify the author of the sample to look into it farther.

--Rob

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:03 AM
    Owner

All replies

• You are probably right that the error is in the C++ DLL, before the call to GetFFT, but I don't see anything in a quick look and it could be a debugger issue: I reproduce the problem only if I build for release mode and run it under the managed debugger, but not if I build debug mode or if I run it without the debugger or with the native only debugger.

--Rob

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:03 AM
    Owner

--Rob

Thank Rob so much ! Hope author of this sample reply soon. :)
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:14 PM
  • Hi Rob Caplan,

I'm try to Run without Debugging in Release Mode very well not crash. And i create Package to Upload on Store, but i have a question :

I don't know when User run App have crash "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." same like me ?
    Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:45 AM