Changing from indirect to direct CSP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Unsure if this is the correct place to be posting this question, but thought someone may know where to point us. If not, know the answer already.

This is in regards to a Direct CSP application for an Azure Stack deployment, due to the process taking longer than the 2-12 business days stated we raised a case on the CSP portal https://partnercenter.microsoft.com/en-us/pcv/partnerservicerequests/list. This was the response:

"Please note that the on boarding process for Direct CSP partner has been put on hold until January 2018. If you are looking to become a Direct CSP partner I would like to ask you for some patience as the requirements for the on boarding process are currently been updated. Your option is to become an Indirect CSP Partner for now and when the on boarding process has gone live again you can change to direct CSP Partner via your Microsoft contact."

We were wondering if we were to become an indirect reseller, and to then later change back to direct what is involved in this. Asking on the question on the CSP portal, we have been told the following:

"Please follow the process on the link below. https://partnercenter.microsoft.com/en-us/partner/cloud-solution-provider With regard to your inquiry about Azure Stack Deployment, and hybrid solutions this is out of our support boundary, please communicate with Azure Support We are CSP Billing support, we are not trained to support Technical Presales inquiries. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/"

To add MPN and generic Microsoft support have also been unable to answer this question. Both have pointed us to the CSP portal support and asked us to raise a case.

I have raised this in yammer for azure partners https://www.yammer.com/canddadvisors/#/home, in the hope someone may know the answer to this also.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this!

Friday, December 8, 2017 12:40 PM

Answers

• If you deploy an Azure Stack while you are an Indirect CSP, and later become a Direct CSP, there is not going to be any impact to Azure Stack operations. Once you are a Direct CSP, you may want to change the subscription that you use for registration, and you can do so at any time, and you will NOT need to redeploy the Azure Stack, nor stop the tenant workloads.

You may need to create new Azure subscriptions for your customers as a part of the move, but this is more of a Partner Center aspect that I am not 100% sure about.

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:41 PM
  • Hello,

If you could, please email ascustfeedback@microsoft.com  and I’ll setup a call with you and one of Azure Stack Program Managers to discuss this in further detail.

Make sure to use a Work, Organizational or Student address when contacting ascustfeedback@microsoft.com  and include the thread URL in the subject. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:44 PM

All replies

• If you deploy an Azure Stack while you are an Indirect CSP, and later become a Direct CSP, there is not going to be any impact to Azure Stack operations. Once you are a Direct CSP, you may want to change the subscription that you use for registration, and you can do so at any time, and you will NOT need to redeploy the Azure Stack, nor stop the tenant workloads.

You may need to create new Azure subscriptions for your customers as a part of the move, but this is more of a Partner Center aspect that I am not 100% sure about.

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:41 PM
  • Thank you for coming back on this one.

Are you able to point me in the direction of documentation on this process? Also where am I able to get a solid answer on this? I appreciate you replying in the first instance, but it would be good to know definitively and what is involved to achieve this.

It is our first plunge into Azure Stack so we would like to know our options and what is involved.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:03 AM
  • Hello,

If you could, please email ascustfeedback@microsoft.com  and I’ll setup a call with you and one of Azure Stack Program Managers to discuss this in further detail.

Make sure to use a Work, Organizational or Student address when contacting ascustfeedback@microsoft.com  and include the thread URL in the subject. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:44 PM