none
WCF - Service Host Scope - IIS RRS feed

• Question

•  am using IIS to host my WCF service.For some customization purpose, I have created a separate factory class with CreateServiceHost method to create the WCF service host.Now the doubt that I have is, whether the creation of this service hostby IIS happens for all the request to WCF or will it be created for each service or will it get created just once ?
    Friday, June 10, 2016 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Vishnu,

When we use the CreateServiceHost method to create the WCF service host, it will let our WCF Service host in the IIS programmatically.

>>whether the creation of this service hostby IIS happens for all the request to WCF or will it be created for each service or will it get created just once ?

In my mind I think if we use the CreateServiceHost method to create the WCF service host, it will happen for this WCF Service. Because inside the CreateServiceHost method we need to pass the specific ServiceType and Services address as the parameters: CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses).

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:21 AM

All replies

• Where you should post is the IIS forum and ask.

https://forums.iis.net/

Friday, June 10, 2016 1:59 PM
  • Hi Vishnu,

When we use the CreateServiceHost method to create the WCF service host, it will let our WCF Service host in the IIS programmatically.

>>whether the creation of this service hostby IIS happens for all the request to WCF or will it be created for each service or will it get created just once ?

In my mind I think if we use the CreateServiceHost method to create the WCF service host, it will happen for this WCF Service. Because inside the CreateServiceHost method we need to pass the specific ServiceType and Services address as the parameters: CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses).

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:21 AM