App Hub membership

Question

• I know this is a bit off-topic, but I cant find an answer anywhere else. I'm just curious if there is any information about the upcomming Windows 8 Marketplace. Will I be able to use my App Hub membership til submit apps to the Windows 8 Marketplace or will it be a seperate subscription for this specific market?

Regards,

Henrik

Friday, November 18, 2011 9:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Henrik,

The Store details have not been released yet. It would be helpful to hear your thoughts on what you would like to see once it is released based on your experience.

Thanks,

-David Lamb

Saturday, November 19, 2011 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Henrik,

The Store details have not been released yet. It would be helpful to hear your thoughts on what you would like to see once it is released based on your experience.

Thanks,

-David Lamb

Saturday, November 19, 2011 7:49 PM
  • Iwould like to see just one subscrition to submit apps to Windows Phone and Windows 8, so I don't have to pay twice and I could manage my WP and W8 apps in one place. But I also wish to see either an extremely improved App Hub or a complete new backend solution, because the current App Hub is buggy as hell, is missing tons of useful features (good reporting for example) und is in many places simply confusing or even wrong. I'm App Hub member since one year and it caused me so many headaches, from registration to submitting an update each time. The payment system is also a mess, especially the https://billing.microsoft.com website is a bad joke and looks like as it's from the 90's, not really trustworthy.

• Edited by dvlg Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:30 AM
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:29 AM
  • So, it's bad as all get out, yet you want it to continue into this mass of new yorkers' store? I believe what you really want is to not pay another X amount, and would willingly suffer the torment of the current situation if only to not pay for something better? Am I right or Am I Right. App hub? I think not. I like you (let me finish) have been there. This is outsourced to the lowest bidder. It was originally given to two former Microsoft employees, who had ZERO experience in this level of main contractor. The only good thing they did was bring in NSTL and its affiliates. The web contract is a (capital)F failure. Imagine the surprise of most when it becomes known that they must pay to sell or even just distribute free apps. Feel free to remove, mods. I know this is certainly a sore point.
    • Proposed as answer by Morgof Alandre Monday, November 28, 2011 8:59 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 8:58 PM
  • For discussion of the current App Hub please see the App Hub forums at http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums .  It looks like there are forums there specifically to deal with problems.

--Rob

Monday, November 28, 2011 10:09 PM
    Owner