SharePoint Online people picker issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello  Group,

Need an urgent help. How do I update a people picker field using POSTMAN? I have done that though PS script, C# using REST API. Used EnsureUser Object to create a user object that can be passed on the people picker. 

I have the Office365 email that I need to update/insert into SharePoint online people picker using POSTMAN. 

I think email string cannot be directly assigned to the people picker.

Any hint/suggestion would be of create help.

Aniruddha

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Aniruddha,

You can get the User Id base on the email using REST API, and then update the people field using the user id in REST API. If you want to use REST API to access SharePoint online in POSTMAN, the following articles for your reference.

http://www.ktskumar.com/2017/01/access-sharepoint-online-using-postman/

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/236286/sharepoint-online-rest-api-authentication-in-postman

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:56 AM
  • Hi Aniruddha,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,
    Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 26, 2018 6:50 AM
  • Hello Dennis,

As we are using SharePoint Online as a backend, we have created <g class="gr_ gr_115 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="115" id="115">single</g> line of text instead of people picker. Just as an alternative route. So the above has not been tested but I think should work.

Thanks

Aniruddha

Friday, October 26, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Hi Aniruddha,

Thanks for sharing!

Best Regards,

Dennis

Friday, October 26, 2018 7:06 AM