Problems with Socialite App.

Question

•  

I'm having problems loggin in to the Socialite App, so I ran it through the Windows App Certification Kit see results below.

Windows App Certification Kit Test Results
     Application Name: microsoft.socialite
    Application Version: 1.0.0.31
    Application Publisher: CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
     Report Generation Time: 17/11/2011 10:21:29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Score: PASSED WITH WARNINGS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eliminate Application Failures

PASSED Do not install executables that crash or hang during the testing process

Metro style App Test Failure

PASSED Metro style App manifest must include valid entries for all required fields

Opt into Windows security features

PASSED Binary Analyzer

Use of Supported Platform APIs

PASSED Supported APIs

Launch time performance

WARNING Performance Launch
     Warning: Following errors were encountered while running the Performance Launch test.
     Application Error:Launch stop was not detected for application id Socialite.App.
    Application Error:Private pages size of 80.324 exceeded performance maximum of 25 megabytes for application id Socialite.App.
     Impact if not fixed: Your application exhibits poor launch performance by taking a long time to launch and/or consuming significant amount of resources (% CPU utilization, File I/O, Memory usage). This may negatively impact the user experience when multitasking between applications. Reducing resource utilization during launch can improve launch times especially when contention for resources is high.
     How to fix: TBD.

Suspend performance

WARNING Performance Suspend
     Warning: Following errors were encountered while running the Performance Suspend test.
     Application Error:Suspend stop was not detected for application id Socialite.App.
     Impact if not fixed: Your application exhibits poor suspend transition performance by taking a long time to respond to the quiesce notification and/or consuming significant amount of resources (% CPU utilization, File I/O). This may negatively impact the user experience when multitasking between applications. Reducing resource utilization during launch can improve suspend times especially when contention for resources is high.
     How to fix: TBD.

Test Appx Manifest Resources

PASSED Appx Manifest Resources Validation

.NET version check

PASSED .Net Framework Check

Would the 2 warning have any affect on the App, it does say Impact if not fixed on both  of them
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at all the other posts here it's been a month since Microsft gave a response to this problem???

Friday, November 18, 2011 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hello Chris.

I was think that myself this morning that this is a pre Beta release and some of the Apps would not work properly.

Hope that is included in the Beta release and working.

Thank you

Keith Broughton

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:18 PM

All replies

• Keith Broughton,

Do you have another account setup on the machine?   If so, does the other account encounter the same error?

Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

In case the link above gets messed up, the URL is below:

ADD1-RY34-K4T4
    (
    https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=ADD1-RY34-K4T4)

The last link goes to: How do I install the Windows Feedback Tool and file a bug

If there are any questions let us know.

Thanks

Chris
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:05 PM
  • Only have the 1 user.

I tried the link to the Connect program, filled out all the forms and got stuck on a page with little green dots going round.

I waited and waited after 30 minuets I gave up and left the page.

There still seems to be a problem with the Socialite app if you look on the Facebook page there are still people saying they cannot log in.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 12:50 AM
  • Keith Broughton,

Have you tried a refresh to see if this alleviates your problem?

To do a refresh of your machine then please do the following:

1. Click Start > Control Panel

2. Select the General section on the left

3. Click the “Get started” button under “Refresh your PC without affecting your files”.

4. Click the Next button at the “Refresh your PC” step of the wizard.

· This first step of the wizard is shown in a green strip that covers the middle portion of the screen.

· The description text at this step shows the following:

Here’s what will happen:

· Your files and personalization settings won’t change.

· Your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.

· Apps from Windows Store will be kept. All other apps will be removed.

5. Insert the USB key or DVD with the Windows installation files if prompted.

· This description text at this step shows the following:

Insert your Windows installation or recovery media

· Some files are missing. The media will provide these files.

· As soon as you insert the media, the wizard automatically moves to the next step.

6. Click the Refresh button at the “Ready to refresh your PC” step.

· This description text at this step shows the following:

Your PC will restart. This will take a few minutes.

At this point, the PC will restart and the Push Button Reset process will take over. Once completed, your PC will reboot and the user will be left at the Lock Screen where they can log back in with their existing user account.

“When you reset your PC your personal files and apps will be removed and your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.”

Please post back with the results

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 2:52 PM
  • That's the first thing I tried and then spent a couple of hours getting the Start page back the way I had it.

As a matter of interest are you able to use the Socialite app and if so is the version that you are using the same as mine (1.0.0.31)

Saturday, November 19, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Just wondering why Socialite in the only app that doesn't work, got all the others working??????????????????????????????????????????????
    Monday, November 21, 2011 4:59 AM
  • Keith Broughton,

Can you please describe to me in more detail what the application is doing?

Thanks,

Chris
    Monday, November 21, 2011 12:52 PM
  • I go to the Socialite app fill out the sign in page then it goes to the Logging in page which has little blue dots moving about a quarter of the way across the screen and stays there nothing else happens.

I've been looking at the Socialite page on Facebook and there are people posting to the wall there with the same problem can't login???

Do you use the Socialite app and does it work for you or are they still having problems with it at Microsoft???

Monday, November 21, 2011 5:08 PM
  • Since I last posted here I've done a complete reinstall of Windows 8 Developer Preview and I still have a problem with the Socialite app.

Are they still having problems at Microsoft with the Socialite app Impacting on them??????????????????????????

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:07 AM
  • While I've been waiting for an answer on the problem with the Socialite app, I decided to put all the Metro Style Apps that came with the Developer preview

through the Windows App Certification Kit, Results below.

23 of the Apps Passed.

5 Passed with Warning:-

Socialite.

Ink Pad.

Five In a Row.

Sudoku.

Near Me.

And 1 Failed:-

Weather.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:36 AM
  • Keith Broughton,

I have been doing some testing with the socialite app across several different platforms and it appears that the application is not working at this time.

The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers. These downloads include prerelease software that may change without notice. The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may not appear in the final version. Some product features and functionality may require advanced or additional hardware, or installation of other software.

Thanks,

Chris
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Hello Chris.

I was think that myself this morning that this is a pre Beta release and some of the Apps would not work properly.

Hope that is included in the Beta release and working.

Thank you

Keith Broughton

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:18 PM