Installing Visual Web Developer and Visual C# RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello!

There might have been a thread on the topic, but I couldn't find a good answer browsing this forum. The thing is, I had previously Installed Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on my computer, but I couldn't install Visual C# 2005 Express Edition without uninstalling Visual Web Developer. I uninstalled Web Developer and installed Visual C#, but now I want to reinstall Web Developer. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanks for the answers!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:37 AM

Answers

•  

The only time that the express editions will ask you to remove a previous install is if that install was the Beta or CTP.

With the general release versions of the Express products you can install all of them on the same machine with out a problem.

To install them you can use the web installer packages, but I'd prefer to download the CD Images and install from there.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:40 AM

All replies

•  

The only time that the express editions will ask you to remove a previous install is if that install was the Beta or CTP.

With the general release versions of the Express products you can install all of them on the same machine with out a problem.

To install them you can use the web installer packages, but I'd prefer to download the CD Images and install from there.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:40 AM
  • That seemed to be the problem. I had the old version of Web Developer and therefore it wouldn't install together with Visual C#. I actually was checking that the bundle had among other things .NET framework 2.0 Beta and that was a bit suspicious, but didn't have more time to see it trough. Anyway, thanks for the help Glenn!
    Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:22 PM