How can I configure the border & background color with default menu? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I set up the default Quick Launch menu as one level with fly-out by changing the codes as folows:

<SharePoint:AspMenu id="QuickLaunchMenu" DataSourceId="QuickLaunchSiteMap" runat="server" Orientation="Vertical" StaticDisplayLevels="1" ItemWrap="true" MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels="1" StaticSubMenuIndent="0" SkipLinkText="">

StaticDisplayLevels is 2 by default and MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels is 0 by default. Now I set them as 1 and 1to make the menu have 2 levels of fly-outs, but the submenu area looks ugly. Is there any way we can add some borders and background colors? Thanks in advance.

allan
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 2:37 PM

Answers

• Yes you can give there .Open the site in browser and go to View source and find out what is the style associated with your second level navigation and give border and other things in that class.I think the style may be ms-navSubMenu1 orms-navSubMenu2.Please check and let me know if you need any further help
    • Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Friday, April 16, 2010 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Hi,

try to add the property "background-color:#ffab62" into the class "ms-navsubMenu2"

Hope this helps

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:40 AM

All replies

• Yes you can give there .Open the site in browser and go to View source and find out what is the style associated with your second level navigation and give border and other things in that class.I think the style may be ms-navSubMenu1 orms-navSubMenu2.Please check and let me know if you need any further help
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 5:35 PM
  • thanks Destin, i tried view source, that do es not help because i found the class and can not find classcode in any of the SharePoint css files. But ms-navsubMenu2 really helps, in one of the elements in site theme file, (it varies on site themes) I add border codes it works but still cannot find the code place for background.

allan
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Hi,

try to add the property "background-color:#ffab62" into the class "ms-navsubMenu2"

Hope this helps

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:40 AM
  • unfortunately this does not work. you can add

background:url("bgcolor.gif") no-repeat;    ( Note: here bgcolor.gif is your own background color file. )

to change the color but the border inside is totally messed up. i am talking about theme WHEAT.

allan
    Monday, April 26, 2010 4:17 PM
  • Hi Allan,

You have to check the class both in core.css and theme specific css for example if the theme is WHEAT one style sheet is there starting with Wheat10201....css

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:03 AM