none
How do I reference tasks that I have assigned in Outlook? RRS feed

• Question

• I know how to reference the sent task requests by looking for ipm.taskrequest in the sent items folder, but I want to reference the actual task that you see when you go into the task tab in the nav pane, and then change the view to assigned. I'm guessing it is somewhere in the default task folder, but I'm not sure which property to check for to see if it is a task you assigned rather than a task you own. Does that make sense?
    Friday, October 12, 2012 4:34 PM

Answers

• If the delegated task is actually in the Tasks folder you can check the Ownership property which returns a member of the OlTaskOwnership enumeration. A delegated task would return olDelegatedTask. You can also check Owner and DelegationStatus. DelegationStatus returns a member of the OlTaskDelegationState enumeration which would tell you if the task was accepted, declined, etc.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "becksftw" <=?utf-8?B?YmVja3NmdHc=?=> wrote in message news:3855ce8f-0182-42ce-99b1-96172e0768bb...
    I know how to reference the sent task requests by looking for ipm.taskrequest in the sent items folder, but I want to reference the actual task that you see when you go into the task tab in the nav pane, and then change the view to assigned. I'm guessing it is somewhere in the default task folder, but I'm not sure which property to check for to see if it is a task you assigned rather than a task you own. Does that make sense?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Friday, October 12, 2012 5:29 PM