none
Make managed app create crash dump RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening,  here is a description of the problem I am experiencing.

We recently ported our product from full native to a C# (.NET 2.0)  application.
    When our native product would crash we would intercept the crash using the AeDebug \Debugger registry key
    to do a full native memory dump (much like Dr Watson) for post mortem analysis.

Even though we have ported most of our native app to C#; some portions are still native and use
    native interrop (pinvoke, COM, etc..).  I would like our managed app to behave similar to it's native predecessor; i.e.
    create a native memory dump on crash for post mortem analysis.  We are seeing crashes in the native code being executed
    within our managed process; I want the contents of the unmanaged registers and stack (much like a native application dump)
    on a crash.

What options  do I have?  Is this possible from a managed application?  I tried populating the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\DbgManagedDebugger
    and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger but didn't see any change in behavior.

Thanks a bunch.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 9:40 PM

All replies