none
Slow messages going to message box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have requirement where i need slow down the messages going to message box.

I receive flat file with 10k records,I am debating with custom pipeline component in the receive pipeline and all 10k individual messages i am publishing to message box,Each debatched messages will trigger orchestration.

i want to slow down the messages going to message box-For this i created one slow running host instance as guided in the below link

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31627.biztalk-configuring-throttling-to-slow-down-message-processing.aspx

i am running my receive port on the slow running instance.

But i am not achieving what i need ,All the messages are publishing with same speed as earlier.

Please let em know how can i achieve this.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:18 PM

All replies

• :) What you are seeing is the correct and expected behavior, sorry? ;)

So, I know exactly what your issue is.

First, are the Receive Location and Orchestration running is different Hosts? They should be.

Now, can you describe the exact problem?  It a target system not able to keep up?

Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:29 PM
  • Unless someone gives you a definite answer, you may try next:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To modify the .NET CLR settings of a host instance

1. In the BizTalk Server Administration Console, expand BizTalk Server Administration, right-click BizTalk Group, and then click Settings.

2. In the BizTalk Settings Dashboard dialog box, on the Host Instance tab, click the .NET CLR tab.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose your instance, then set worker threads to max 1 (or set all settings to 1 :)) and see if it slows your app enough.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:24 PM
  • Hi Ammu,

How you are debatching messages in your custom pipeline ? 

You can put some delay(seconds , read this value at run time)  in each message generation then i think you will get your result.

Regards

Abhay Giri

Friday, March 31, 2017 4:36 AM