Syncing notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

I'm developing Universal Windows app with scheduled toast notifications support. However, if I understood correctly, Azure gives access for Notification Hub like push app service only, not scheduled? If yes... how can I make notifications synchronization among different devices for my application?
    • Edited by Quillaur Friday, March 25, 2016 2:39 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2016 2:38 AM

Answers

• You can use raw push notifications to wake up your app's background task (PushNotificationTrigger), and in your background task you can execute whatever code you'd like, such as scheduling toast notifications. That's probably your best option.
    • Proposed as answer by andrewbares7 Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Krunal Parekh Monday, April 4, 2016 9:59 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:45 AM

All replies

• Hello Quillaur,

Please see: Azure Notification Hubs Notify Users with .NET backend 

You could try sending it to specific devices (users) as described in the above tutorial. Ultimately it depends on how you send it from the back-end service (web api). 

I am not sure familier with azure sdk but can you please take a look at this? 

How To: Send Scheduled Notifications

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, March 28, 2016 9:23 AM
  • You can use raw push notifications to wake up your app's background task (PushNotificationTrigger), and in your background task you can execute whatever code you'd like, such as scheduling toast notifications. That's probably your best option.
    • Proposed as answer by andrewbares7 Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Krunal Parekh Monday, April 4, 2016 9:59 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:45 AM