How do I use my bluetooth after installing Windows 8 ?

Question

• I installed the bluetooth driver from the Sony Vaio site but it didnot work. Everytime I try to send file via bluetooth it says 'Bluetooth device not discoverable'. I also cannot install the Atheros bluetooth driver. Please help me out.
    Friday, December 9, 2011 12:12 PM

All replies

• Pritam Thakur,

Make sure that you have the latest version of your driver and try installing the problematic driver in compatibly mode?

You can do this by following the below instructions:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Please post back with your results.

Thanks,

Chris
    Friday, December 9, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Hi Pritam,

Can you attached a screenshot of the error? I want to get some idea on where the error is coming from.

What is the error message when you try to install the Atheros Bluetooth driver?

Thanks,

Eric Li [MSFT]

Friday, December 9, 2011 9:51 PM
  • Thanks buddy  

but its for only those programs who already installed in windows 8 but i want my previous  programmes of windows 7

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:07 AM
  • Hi Pritam,

try uninstalling the one supplied by Sony, let Windows update find a driver for you. I have noticed that Sony has its own app that operates the Bluetooth function, Windows Bluetooth File Transfer app does not always work well with that.

Irfan
    • Edited by Irfanfare Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:42 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:22 PM