Club Starter Kit - Connection RRS feed

• Question

• User-723302289 posted

Ok, the forum says no question is too simple so here goes.  I am new to most of this and I have made a few cosmetic modifications to the club starter kit.  I have no idea what to do when I upload my site as to making the 2 db connections work.  Anyone have a url or walkthru they would like to post so that i can learn this part?  Any explanations or tutorials are appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:50 PM

All replies

• User-1853252149 posted

Have you tried?  Do you have a specific error?  By default the databases are SQL 2005 Express, which needs to be installed on the web server.  Is it?

Jeff

Monday, May 15, 2006 9:16 AM
  • User-723302289 posted

Someone told me to set the connection string once uploaded to my host.  I am new no doubt, I need to know what to use and some help on how to do it.  Do i use the MySQL or MSSQL on the host or if the host supports ASP and ACCESS should it run?  I have never put anything with a db before on a web site.  Only HTML pages, JAVA scripts and XML pages.

deacondan at cairtaker.com

Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:19 AM
  • User1275632693 posted

Most of the kits are geared towards MSSQL.

Start with your hosting company, need to know if they support ASP.NET 2.0 and also what DB engine they are running.

Once you have that then you need to find out what SQL Server Interface they are providing so you can run the Scripts to create the Databases.

That is the initial steps or the bare minimum to look into.

Monday, May 22, 2006 2:25 PM
  • User-723302289 posted

Thank you, that's what I was looking for, that way I can learn how to make connections for other projects I am now involved in.

Your help is appreicated,

Dan

Friday, May 26, 2006 6:49 PM
  • User1275632693 posted

Hi Dan,

Anytime, if you need help later on with the connection strings and the db per se; I am certain there will be someone around to help.

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:26 PM