none
Cloning partitioned CF cards RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our target device is using 8GB CF cards with 2 partitions. EWF protects the OS so therefore a second partition is required for software changes/updates and database changes.

I need to now clone the CF card including the partition. So the entire card is copied.

What is the best way to do this?

I don't really know how to use ImageX, and I don't fully understand WinPE, so is there a tutorial?

Ideally, I just need a simple application to clone a CF card. Each target device is the same, so there should be no problems with straight cloning.

Advice please.

Thanks,

Chris

Monday, January 10, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies

• You could always go with the norton Ghost solution, since it does a sector by sector copy of the CF card (assuming the cf card is set as fixed as well)

second assumption is that you have EWF set as RAM/REG and not disk overlay, since Ghost will not copy the EWF in disk mode......

Richard

www.embeddedtalk.co.uk www.steatite.co.uk
    Monday, January 10, 2011 12:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Ghost?

Could you recommend any freebies?

Cheers,

Monday, January 10, 2011 2:48 PM
  • As a rule i don't use Ghoat all that often

tending to stick to the toolsets supplied by Microsoft since it simplifies my life

but a quick search on the internet turns up the following

EASEUS

R-Drive free 15 day full functional trial version

Clonezilla

PING

I think that is enough to at least get you started

But i would strongly urge you to learn the Microsoft tools to accomplish your tasks, since the support is very good and the tools are excellent once you get your head around the way they work.

www.embeddedtalk.co.uk www.steatite.co.uk
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:06 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, but it seems that RoadKil's Raw Copy works perfectly when directly copying from one card to another as a physical drive.

Cheers,

Chris

Friday, January 21, 2011 8:29 AM