none
Visual Studio2012 prof reporting, windows forms RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there , I have created a dataset for a report and creaded a report.rdlc file using fields from the dataset in a  two level  Item/Detail report format. So far so good.

When I create a form for the report and drag the report viewer control from the tool box, @$#!!&^!.... horror! An error occurs and I am stymied!!

failed to create component 'Report Viewer' System.runtime.interopservices.COMException(0x8004D745)

The very long error dialog continues to say something along the lines that "A reference to the component 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms already exists in the project."

This is my first attempt a creating a report in Visual Basic in a .Net/Visual Studio environment.  Any ideas????

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:13 AM

Answers

•  Hi there, I found the answer after a lot of browsing...the answer to a similar problem applied here..

the project references were enabled for  version 10.0.0.0 of the reportviewer, while the toolbox was trying to load version 11.0.0.0.

A simple change to the enabled version in Project references to version 11.0.0.0 of Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms and removal of Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common have solved the problem.

The reportviewer can be dragged to a form, docked and linked to the report definition file

I now have a report which works!!!! Thanks to those of you who have delved into this area.

• Marked as answer by LegacyGT Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:54 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:54 AM

All replies

•  Hi there, I found the answer after a lot of browsing...the answer to a similar problem applied here..

the project references were enabled for  version 10.0.0.0 of the reportviewer, while the toolbox was trying to load version 11.0.0.0.

A simple change to the enabled version in Project references to version 11.0.0.0 of Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms and removal of Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common have solved the problem.

The reportviewer can be dragged to a form, docked and linked to the report definition file

I now have a report which works!!!! Thanks to those of you who have delved into this area.

• Marked as answer by LegacyGT Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:54 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:54 AM
  • Hi There,

Thank you for sharing your solution here.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:08 AM
  • how do i do that

Sunday, October 16, 2016 4:27 PM
  • Genius. Thank you sir.
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:55 AM
  • Thank You for sharing.

Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:51 AM
  • Great. I now have a report which works too. Thanks

Find the project version
    Follow the path to change:
    Solution Explorer -> References-> Add References-> Extensions
    Find the project version (Microsoft.ReportViewer.Weforms (Your Version)

Renato

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:13 AM