How to create REST API with C# which will interact with VIBER REST API RRS feed

• Question

• User1827550502 posted

Hi ,

I'm using VS2019 , C# and windows forms. I have used the Viber.Bot nuget package for implementing the REST API that the Viber has exposed for sending messages etc.

I am able to setup a webhook and send a message to myself. But when it comes to broadcast a message to my subscribers list I cannot do that because it requires the Uniques IDs which I don't have .

Their documentation says that with the callbacks I should get the unique ids ??? How can I "trap" these callbacks ? 

Can I create a REST API which will have C# code and will trap the call backs from VIBER ?

Can this be done ? I found a lot of examples for Node or PHP but I want to stay with C# and REST. And I didn't find any examples.

Can anyone assist me on this ?

Appreciate your help or guidance 

Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:46 PM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

Since this question pertains to a third-party library, Viber, you may have better results acting the developer community for that library directly. It seems that they have a gitter community, which would be my recommended route as they'll likely be able to assist you better with implementation details.

Additionally, based on their website, it looks like they have several other avenues of contact that might be worth pursuing:

Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:05 PM
  • User1827550502 posted

Hi Rion ,

They are using Node , or Python or whatever. Most of the examples are for UNIX based systems , Tomcats webservers  ....

I think it would be GREAT for US , The MICROSOFT Developers to have something using IIS , C# etc...Microsoft technologies. 

A very few examples exist. And one of them is Viber.Bot which is a nuget package and it's a good approach for interact with Viber.

But I need some guidance to trap the Callbacks. Someone that has done the backend using Microsoft technologies(not azure because I found some other examples and to make it happen you have to pay hourly the couchbase server).

Has anyone done this with REST API and Deploying it in IIS ?

Friday, January 3, 2020 7:49 AM