Nested collection (A) within a nested collection (B) of (C) databind incorrectly on auto generated ListDetailView RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple project with 3 tables. My competitor table have some products and these products have many different prices as they quote various prices to various customers.<o:p></o:p>

The relationship looks as follows (VS solution included) "Competitor (has many) Products (has many) Prices" <o:p></o:p>

However, when I auto create CompetitorListDetail form from my Competitors data that shows both Product and Price collections I have an errors when adding various prices to a product. It appears that new Price added "binds" to all Products and not just to the product that I added it to. Now click on the next Product and it disappears.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:06 PM

Answers

•   // Child RowsLayout

ContentItem ChildRowsLayoutItem = host.AddContentItem(ParentRowsLayoutItem,

"ChildRowsLayout", ContentItemKind.Group);

ChildRowsLayoutItem.View = "Microsoft.LightSwitch.MobileWeb:RowsLayout";

// Add the Custom Control to display the nested collection                

IEntityPropertyDefinition IdProperty =

collectionDataType.Properties.Where(p => p.Name.ToLower() == "id").FirstOrDefault();

// Entity of Primary data source must have a Id property to proceed

if (IdProperty != null)

{

// Expression used to access Id property of the element in the Primary data source

ChainExpression nameExpression =

host.CreateChainExpression(

host.CreateMemberExpression(String.Format(@"{0}/Properties[Id]", collectionDataType.Name))

);

// Add the CustomControl 

ContentItem namePropertyControl = host.AddContentItem(ChildRowsLayoutItem,

"NestedElements",

ContentItemKind.Value,

nameExpression,

IdProperty.PropertyType);

namePropertyControl.View = "Microsoft.LightSwitch.MobileWeb:ValueCustomControl";

}

Here is article about Adding the Custom Control to display the nested collection     

http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Blog/tabid/61/EntryId/3246/Creating-Advanced-LightSwitch-HTML-Screen-Templates.aspx         

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, November 28, 2014 5:23 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:23 AM