Microsoft Login SQL Server Login Message How Do I fix ? RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft SQL Server Login

connection failed :

SQLState :'08001'

SQL Server Error:-1

[Microsoft] [SQL Server Native Client 11.0] SQL Server Network

Interfaces: Error locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF].

Connection failed :

SQLState :HYT00'

SQL Server Error :0

[Microsoft] [SQL Server Native Client 11.0]

Login timeout expired

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:01 PM

All replies

• Hi VeroV12112019,

I suggest you could try to connect SQL Server by SSMS,and then show the error message.

According to the error message you provided, there are several reasons for this error as following:
    1.SQL Browser isn’t running when SQL is listening on a non-default port or a named instance.
    2.Client Protocols “TCP/IP” and “Named Pages” is disabled.
    3.TCP port connection issue.ensure the port of the client connection is the same as the port the SQL Server instance listening on.
    4.IPv4 enabled on server,and sometimes need to disable IPv6.
    5.The SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    6.Firewall configuration

For more details,please refer to this article.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by VeroV12112019 Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by VeroV12112019 Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:30 PM
    Thursday, December 12, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Could you please run the following command on the Command Prompt for a few minutes to see if packets are dropped o you can see long response times.

ping servername -t

Also

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dipanb/archive/2010/06/09/sql-server-query-performance-when-running-query-from-a-windows-2008-server.aspx

http://www.sqlcoffee.com/Troubleshooting004.htm

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

• Marked as answer by VeroV12112019 Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by VeroV12112019 Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:22 PM
    Thursday, December 12, 2019 5:58 AM
  • fe80::e5ab:73aa:84dd:c740%16: time<1ms

this is what i got from the command prompt several of them working constantly.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:28 PM
  •  I have checked all your suggestions 1-6 and it still has this error showing up

Because the error still shows up, I saw  in another thread someone mention to updated the Net.framework as well, I updated the framework  and it still shows the error.

Someone else suggested to run the local network with a reserve ip address in the router  and change the server computer with the same ip address ? any suggestions on this or how to do it ?

Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:29 PM
  • Hi VeroV12112019,

Could you please try to connect SQL Server by SSMS?

Then show the error message.

Best regards,

Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 13, 2019 2:00 AM
  • I am able to connect to the SQL server management studio (SSMS) no problem from the main computer server, the problem is when I try to connect to the program(app) that's on the main computer server from the second computer workstation that's when I get the message:

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:27 PM