none
Enable Ink feature without a touch panel or handwriting pad ? RRS feed

• Question

•  

If there is a short executable which allow me to enable Ink feature without connecting a touch panel or handwritting hardware to my Vista?

Or, if I can add a touch panel simulator device in my device manager in Vista, so Visita can recognize itself as a tabletPC?

The reason of doing this is to implement thin client solution through terminal services (RDP) or Citrix XenDesktop or XenApp (ICA / portICA) with touch panel screen for Office 2007 Ink features.

Thanks a lot.

Po-Shan.

Friday, November 28, 2008 3:18 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

http://ultramobilepc-tips.blogspot.com/2007/02/ok-one-thing-that-i-missed-lot-in-my-q1.html

' VBScript - Frank J. Garcia - www.ultramobilepc-tips.com
    '

Dim objShell, RegLocate, RegLocate1
    Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

On Error Resume Next
    RegLocate = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Tablet PC\isTabletPC"

objShell.RegWrite RegLocate,"1","REG_DWORD"

RegLocate = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Tablet PC\DeviceKind"

objShell.RegWrite RegLocate,&H80000001,"REG_DWORD"

WScript.Quit

Thanks a lot to Frank's tips.

Friday, November 28, 2008 4:48 PM
  • Frank is a true MVP.  Visit his site, especially for UMPC info. http://ultramobilepc-tips.blogspot.com/

ALthough my post is marked as the answer, it is Po-Shan's above it that has the correct information. Because he is also the author of the thread, our mechanism doesn't accept his answer as official.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 12:18 AM
  • Hi -

I'm trying to get the Inking feature in MS Word to run on a regular Windows 7 desktop.  The tablet PC Input service is running, tablet components installed and also modified the registry.  The Inking features will not appear when clicking on the "start inking" option.  It was my understanding that Inking should still work on a non-tablet device using the mouse.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. Susan

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Tablet PC\isTabletPC"objShell.RegWrite RegLocate,"1","REG_DWORD"RegLocate = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Tablet PC\DeviceKind"

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:45 PM