Cannot execute demo copy of Project Pro. 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully downloaded a 60-day trial of Project Professional 2010, and can see the .exe file, but cannot execute it.

I get a prompt asking if it's okay to open, and i click "Allow", and then I get a prompt asking to "Run". I select "Run" and nothing happens.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:35 AM

Answers

• In addition to Christophe's ideas, perhaps the file you downloaded is simply corrupted from the download.  Try getting a new copy with a fresh download.  Also, when you run the program, right mouse click and "run as administrator" to insure your id installing the program has permissions.
    --rms www.rmschneider.com
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:55 AM

All replies

• Interesting, can you please tell us more about your environment? (Operating System) Could and anti-virus block it?

Do you have all the pre-requisites? Are you running the ProjectProfessional.exe from your local hard drive?

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:40 AM
  • In addition to Christophe's ideas, perhaps the file you downloaded is simply corrupted from the download.  Try getting a new copy with a fresh download.  Also, when you run the program, right mouse click and "run as administrator" to insure your id installing the program has permissions.
    --rms www.rmschneider.com
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:55 AM
  • I am having the same exact issue as the original poster while trying to run the MS Professional Project 2010 Trial version.  When I run the file, a box comes up that says its extracting files, and then the box disappears and nothing happens.  I have Microsoft Office 2007, but I dont think that would be an issue.  I am also using windows vista, and have a 64-bit operating system.

Please advise on what I need to do.

Thanks,

Dave

Sunday, April 3, 2011 10:21 PM