none
Online Word File Editor with Letterhead RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am currently using HTML editor in my web site for editing ms word document. There is a conversion process for word to html and then html to word, But problem is that, After html to word conversion there is formatting issue with word file. What can be the solution? Is There any tool like Google Docs which edit word files online. I am stuck now.

Thanks In advance.

Software Developer

Software Developer

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVPModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:59 AM not vsto technology related (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Anil

No, Microsoft doesn't provide any tools you can incorporate into your website (or a form) that supports direct editing of Word documents as Word documents.

Instead, the trend is that you have to use the "Web app" for this. That's what's available on SkyDrive for editing Office documents.

Microsoft has made the Office file formats Open Source, but is keeping its interfaces for editing its document proprietary. If someone wants such an interface, they need to roll their own and work with the Office Open XML. It's possible that some third party company has created something like this that you could buy/license.

The only other thing I could suggest is that you may need to investigate Word Open XML more closely and "transform" the html more accurately to Word Open XML than is currently the case. That would be more a topic for OpenXMLDeveloper.org

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Anil

No, Microsoft doesn't provide any tools you can incorporate into your website (or a form) that supports direct editing of Word documents as Word documents.

Instead, the trend is that you have to use the "Web app" for this. That's what's available on SkyDrive for editing Office documents.

Microsoft has made the Office file formats Open Source, but is keeping its interfaces for editing its document proprietary. If someone wants such an interface, they need to roll their own and work with the Office Open XML. It's possible that some third party company has created something like this that you could buy/license.

The only other thing I could suggest is that you may need to investigate Word Open XML more closely and "transform" the html more accurately to Word Open XML than is currently the case. That would be more a topic for OpenXMLDeveloper.org

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:51 AM
  • Thank you for your valuable suggestion, I will try to do this.......

Once again thanks a lot.

Software Developer

Monday, November 19, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, there is a plugin called Aceoffix which likes Google Docs can edit Word online directly and can convet Word to html and vise versa. And it is more convenient that you can embed it in your own Web project.

Monday, December 21, 2015 5:08 AM