When user edit the Item, revert back using SharePoint designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

My Client using MOSS 2007 - BPOS, Please guide me

When user Edit the List item, some conditions i need to revert/reset the data to orginal using SharePoint designer worklfow.

Advance thanks

Jenkins NS

Thanks & Regards Jenkins

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Create a new Custom List (List B) exactly same as your main list (List A).

Create a Workflow "On Item created" of List A which will copy all contents of the List A to List B.

Now Create a workflow "On Item Changed" of List A, which will create new Item in List A based on the List A column values and then add a step to update List A using List B values.

If you need any extended feature of Lists use Custom SPD activity (http://spdactivities.codeplex.com/)

Dare to promise

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 1:04 PM

All replies

• If you give more details of your problem, that would be great.

As per my understanding, you have to save the data values (to which you want to revert) in some other list or columns.

Create a workflow on Item Changed of that list and then check the condition and reset the data.

Dare to promise

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Thanks D-Virdi

Is any option to reset the data when Item Changed event in SharePoint designer?

my requirement is

When user edit the item , it needs to create as a new item, don't update the existing Item.

For that i used Item Changes event in SharePoint designer and copy the item to same list. It create a new record but orginal record also updated. my requirement is don't update the orginal list item.

Please guide me how to revert.

Thanks & Regards Jenkins

Saturday, March 31, 2012 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

Create a new Custom List (List B) exactly same as your main list (List A).

Create a Workflow "On Item created" of List A which will copy all contents of the List A to List B.

Now Create a workflow "On Item Changed" of List A, which will create new Item in List A based on the List A column values and then add a step to update List A using List B values.

If you need any extended feature of Lists use Custom SPD activity (http://spdactivities.codeplex.com/)

Dare to promise

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 1:04 PM