I have Logout problem in my asp.net web application on live server RRS feed

• Question

• User-304920254 posted

Dear,

I have asp.net web application which is run on local server perfectly but when I deployed it on live server it will redirect to Default.apx page means do Logout. But same application work properly on local server. So please give me suggestions for this problem as soon as possible. 

Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:25 AM

Answers

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi Danishdotnet,

Reasons for a request to get redirected to login.aspx page

The forms authentication cookie is lost.

Scenario 1:

A user logs on to the Web site. At some point, the client sends a request to the server, and the FormsAuthenticationModule class does not receive the cookie.

Scenario 2:

The forms authentication cookie can also be lost when the client's cookie limit is exceeded. In Microsoft Internet Explorer, there is a limit of 20 cookies. After the 20th cookie is created on the client, previous cookies are removed from the client's collection. If the .ASPXAUTH cookie is removed, the user will be redirected to the login page when the next request is processed.

Scenario 3:

After the request leaves the client, there are various layers that can affect the packets that are being sent. To determine if a network device is removing the cookie, you have to capture a network trace on the client and the server, and then look in the body of the request for the cookie. You want to look at the client request to make sure that the cookie was sent, and check the server trace to make sure that the server received the cookie.

Scenario 4:

The forms authentication may time out before the timeout attribute value that is set in the configuration file.

reference:

#Troubleshooting Forms Authentication

https://www.iis.net/learn/troubleshoot/security-issues/troubleshooting-forms-authentication 

Best Regards,

Chris

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 3:19 AM