none
Clearing cookies of JavaScript add-in on Mac Excel (2016) RRS feed

• Question

• How do I clear the cookies of the Excel Add-in on Mac Excel?

I link to another site where I login, I'd like to logout of that site, but I can't do that because I can't scroll to click the logout button the right because the window pane is limited in how much it is allowed to stretch and also I'm not able to scroll right

I tried clearing the browser cache in Safari, but that didn't seem to do it. I Would really appreciate some help on this one. Thanks!

• Edited by protoolz Sunday, July 9, 2017 4:09 AM
    Sunday, July 9, 2017 4:08 AM

All replies

• Hi protoolz,

I am not available with Mac machine to test the issue.

I have Windows , so I try to reproduce the issue with it.

you had mentioned that," I can't scroll to click the logout button the right because the window pane is limited in how much it is allowed to stretch"

on Windows machine when I try to run the Excel Addin in with in Excel Application.

I find that I can stretch the window pane to half of the screen.

but it is giving me the option to move the Addin pane. after moving it I can resize the pane as much as full screen of the monitor.

which is same as full browser window.

you can see my testing result below.

so if you have this option on the Mac then you can use it to solve your issue.

another question you had asked that,"I tried clearing the browser cache in Safari, but that didn't seem to do it."

I suggest you to visit thread below may give you some information.

How to clear client side browser cache for Excel 2016 Task Pane add-in on Mac?

but Office JS API does not provide anything to clear browser's cache / Cookies.

to verify the same you can visit link below.

Excel JavaScript API programming overview

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 5:58 AM
  • Hi Deepak Panchal10,

Office for Mac doesn't let you stretch it beyond a certain amount. You can break it out into  its own window, but you are still limited in how much you can stretch, so that too doesn't work.

Monday, July 10, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Hi protoolz,

I can see that Office for mac provide little different option then Office for windows.

and Office JS Api don't have option to clear browser Cookies / cache.

so is that website is available in Mobile mode?

if yes then you can try to open Mobile mode in your Addin pane , so it can display the content properly and you can able to click that button.

and if that also not possible then you can try to open browser window to get login or log out with code below.

Office.context.ui.displayDialogAsync(url,
        { height: 75, width: 80, requireHTTPS: true });

Reference:

Open an html page in a default browser from an add-in

you can try to set it as per your requirement to make it work.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:42 AM
  • Hi protoolz,

>> I link to another site where I login, I'd like to logout of that site, but I can't do that because I can't scroll to click the logout button the right

Is the another site developed by you? Is this issue exist on Windows EXCEL?

It would be helpful if you could share us a screen shot about your AddIn in Windows and Mac.

In my option, for your issue, clearing cache will not work. What you need is to signout the site.

I suggest you try to access the another site in web browser, and then sign out in the web browser to check whether it will work for you. After sign out, you may need to refresh or reload your add in.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:51 AM