none
Result of BizTalk R2 WCF Call always 'null' RRS feed

• Question

•  

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum, if not, please let me know...

I'm having some difficulties with the BizTalk R2 WCF adapter (i think).

I've created a class library for our ASP.NET application to communicate with BizTalk through a WCF based send/receive port. The call arrives at BizTalk and is handled correctly, but the response in my class library is always 'null' ( even though BizTalk sends the right response back to the calling function... this I've checked with the svctraceviewer program. )

Does anyone know why the return result always is 'null'? Is this a WCF deserialization issue? I've checked the namespaces, but they seemed all ok.

Could anyone please help me? or point me in the right direction Smile ?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Chris

Monday, April 14, 2008 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

It's hard to comment without more information about your scenario.

How did you setup your receive location(and send port)? 1-way or 2-way, adapter, binding info?

The best way to debug the issue is to setup a scenario without BizTalk involved and compare the results.

First send a message to your own WCF service, and then to the BizTalk receive location, and compare the response messages coming from your WCFservice and BizTalk to see if there is any difference.

-Karahan

Monday, June 2, 2008 4:52 AM
  • Hi Karahan,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, but here it is.

I've figured out the problem, it was a very slight, nearly unnoticable mismatch in namespace configuration which ended up in the 'null' result. 

Thanks again,

Chris

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:05 AM