none
wants to open internal web to internal ip (directly) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have a Windows server 2008 which having DNS server (192.168.10.x) and all internal client using that dns server...

Also  on my N/W we have one web server (Web server ip 192.168.168.X) (which is registered to public dns server) for attendance all internal client opening web page and its directly going to internet ip (public ip-www.mpog.in)...its means internal and outsize users opening that web application through public ip...

but my clients want that when internal users open that web it will be open directly going to internal server ip (192.168.x.x) not go to web (public ip) or cant open through internet....

when i add web application entry to my internal dns server or run nslookup on dns server

> mpcz.in
    Server:  mpsebdc01.mpmkvvcl.com
    Address:  192.168.10.11

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    mpcz.in
    Address:  117.240.x.x

its output come from web

also when i try to add web server local entry (www.mpoz.in--(192.168.168.x) its

generating the error message!!!!!

Friday, November 20, 2015 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hello All,

I have a Windows server 2008 which having DNS server (192.168.10.x) and all internal client using that dns server...

Also  on my N/W we have one web server (Web server ip 192.168.168.X) (which is registered to public dns server) for attendance all internal client opening web page and its directly going to internet ip (public ip-www.mpog.in)...its means internal and outsize users opening that web application through public ip...

but my clients want that when internal users open that web it will be open directly going to internal server ip (192.168.x.x) not go to web (public ip) or cant open through internet....

when i add web application entry to my internal dns server or run nslookup on dns server

> mpcz.in
    Server:  mpsebdc01.mpmkvvcl.com
    Address:  192.168.10.11

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    mpcz.in
    Address:  117.240.x.x

its output come from web

also when i try to add web server local entry (www.mpoz.in--(192.168.168.x) its

generating the error message!!!!!

Thanks aamir

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:21 AM
  • Hi,

How your client access to the internet ? is it by a default gateway or some sort of application proxy ??

Monday, November 23, 2015 6:28 AM
  • Hello,

Some users using TMG proxy, and some users using internet directly (With internal DNS)...

Thanks aamir

Monday, November 23, 2015 6:58 AM
  • Hello,

Some users using TMG proxy, and some users using internet directly (With internal DNS)...

Thanks aamir

Thanks aamir

Monday, November 23, 2015 12:02 PM
  • so definately those hat are accessing by proxy go to the internet Webserver , if you forgot to mentioned the local domain in the TMG internal netwok properties and also bypassing the internal network ! 

and my suggestion for other is just point all the clients to an internal DNS server (domain DNS ) and do not set public DNS servers (like 4.2.2.4 and ...) as an alternative DNS server , instead take advantage if using simple forwarding on the Internal DNS server.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:23 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for advice!!!

but my question is that when internal users using internet using with internal DNS server (answer coming from the public DNS not to redirect to intranet web-server!!!

mean to say!!! if we have one web server which is in my internal network .....public user access through internet and internal client also access with  internet (WEB)!!! Both web and local users using that web server with internet (WEB)..because when i use that server with private IP (192.168.168.X) we are able can access it !!! when i access that server with publich ip (172.X.X.x) we are also able to access it....outside user never access that web server through private IP (192.168.168) its good for us!!!

but internal user using that web server both public IP as well as private IP..

my client wants that when internal users open that web server all traffic should going to internally not going to public ip because server placed in internally N/W not place on outside N/W so, why all traffic going to internet(outside) instead of internal users  can access directly with private IP (192.168.168.x) also web page name is www.mpmp.in... 

why all request not going to directly to that web- server without internet ??? 

Thanks aamir

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:50 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for advice!!!

but my question is that when internal users using internet using with internal DNS server (answer coming from the public DNS not to redirect to intranet web-server!!!

mean to say!!! if we have one web server which is in my internal network .....public user access through internet and internal client also access with  internet (WEB)!!! Both web and local users using that web server with internet (WEB)..because when i use that server with private IP (192.168.168.X) we are able can access it !!! when i access that server with publich ip (172.X.X.x) we are also able to access it....outside user never access that web server through private IP (192.168.168) its good for us!!!

but internal user using that web server both public IP as well as private IP..

my client wants that when internal users open that web server all traffic should going to internally not going to public ip because server placed in internally N/W not place on outside N/W so, why all traffic going to internet(outside) instead of internal users  can access directly with private IP (192.168.168.x) also web page name is www.mpmp.in... 

why all request not going to directly to that web- server without internet ??? 

Thanks aamir

Thanks aamir

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:55 PM