Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.dll missing, but where is it??? RRS feed

• Question

• hey there,

I got a project for working on, but I can't compile it because a certain .dll is missing. At least that's how I interpret my problem. The project doesn't have a ReferenceContainerNode Class, so I looked it up on MSDN and I saw that I need to include the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.dll into my project, but sadly: I don't have it.

It's a bit perfedic, because I already reinstalled SP1 and SDK 1.1 (where it should be included) for my Visual Studio 2008. However: I can't include it and can't find it on my computer.

Help? Could someone send me a copy of this .dll?

Thx in advice
    Monday, September 7, 2009 8:50 AM

Answers

• ReferenceContainerNode is a class included with the MPF_Proj sources. It no longer ships in the VS SDK, you need to install it from the codeplex site.

At one time, the code was compiled into an assembly called Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.dll, but I don't believe it ever shipped that way. Instead, the library was shipped as source. The product team released the project to the open source community while back and removed it from the SDK.

Visual Studio Managed Package Framework for Projects

Sincerely,

Ed Dore
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi, Bauzi

As far as I know, there is not a assembly called Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.dll. The ReferenceContainerNode Class is in the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package namespace.
    To use this namespace you should reference Assembly Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop whoes default location is C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\2007.02\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.dll.
    Hope this could help you!
    Thanks
    Chao
    • Proposed as answer by Chao Kuo Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chao Kuo Monday, September 14, 2009 9:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Chao Kuo Friday, September 18, 2009 2:29 AM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 8:37 AM
  • This is so annoying! Sounds plausible, but it didn't helped. I get the same problems.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:44 AM
  • ReferenceContainerNode is a class included with the MPF_Proj sources. It no longer ships in the VS SDK, you need to install it from the codeplex site.

At one time, the code was compiled into an assembly called Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.dll, but I don't believe it ever shipped that way. Instead, the library was shipped as source. The product team released the project to the open source community while back and removed it from the SDK.

Visual Studio Managed Package Framework for Projects

Sincerely,

Ed Dore
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:26 PM