none
McAfee real-time scan corruption RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

McAfee real-time virus scan will cause the Visual Studio 2010 Project tool (Setup and Deployment, and the project Publish button) to fail on build by falsely generating error 8007006e or 80070005.

The MS Team is no longer offering support for VS 2010... but stated:

The following fields or values changed:

Field "Resolution" changed from
    "Not Set" to "External".

No indication of where this field can be found was listed.

King

King Coffee

• Edited by King Coffee Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:46 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi King,

It seems that you can’t successfully deploy or publish your projects when your McAfee is running? What about if you turn off it? What is the detailed error message ? Which project you are working on? Is it a ASP.NET project or an add-in project or..?

Lilia Gong <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:11 AM
  • The project is a wpf C# project.

If I disable Mcafee... It works great.

The problem did not exist about 6 months ago.

King

King Coffee

Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:36 PM
  • Hi King,
    Read this: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Hope it helps!

Nolan

• Edited by Nolethemole Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:42 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:39 PM
  • I demo the problem to McAfee Tech Support... and they recommanded re-installing McAfee to no avail. Then they washed their hands of it. Microsoft will need to address the issue with McAfee. This is the second time a problem manifested with the real-time scan and thePublishing tool. The first was fixed around a year ago.

King Coffee

Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:44 AM
  • Hi king,

Thank you for your question.
    I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Any feedback yet?

I had a simular VS 2010 and McAfee real-scan in the pass, again the only appears with Windows 7 Ultimate and not Pro. Also, I notice other compactibility issues with VS 2010 Pro on Windows 7 Pro vs Ultimate. Like Ultimate does not generate a Project Solution for the initial project, but Pro does.

King

King Coffee

Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Hello King,

I am Rohit from Microsoft Tech support.

Today we spoke about the issue for a good amount of time. Thank you for showing the DEMO as well. However, as per the discussion, we understand that this is not a VS issue. We agreed that the RealTime scan somehow needs to exclude the activity or the location where the VS process is creating the compiled files. As of now this can only be done by turning off the RealTime scan.

We will closing this thread and mark this as answer. Feel free to post any update as it happens.

Best Regards,

Rohit Sarangi.

Technical Lead | Microsoft Developer Support Core.

• Proposed as answer by RohitSarangi Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:21 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:19 PM