none
Access web app queries now being throttled to first 50 records only? RRS feed

• Question

• using Access 2016 Web Apps and SharePoint Online, Office 365.

For the past few days queries created in an Access Web App have been limited to 50 records when viewed in the Access desktop application or in a form within an Access Web App viewed in a browser. The same query viewed via ODBC/SQL Native Client in Excel as a simple table or Power Pivot table, or in a Power BI report, shows all the records (many more than 50). This is happening in many queries. None are set to Return only the first 50. It is occurring in more than one database. Table views do not seem to be affected - only queries.

Is this part of the killing off of Access Web Apps? I am desperately struggling to get our systems off AWA and onto other platforms in time but it's a massive job and we can't work quickly enough. Beginning to feel paranoid - are MS secretly reducing resources for AWA to force people off before next April?

Jonathan

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:12 PM

Answers

• This problem was referred to the SharePoint Online team and now appears to have been resolved.
    • Marked as answer by Jonathan Gibbs Friday, September 22, 2017 5:24 PM
    Friday, September 22, 2017 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Jonathan,

I could reproduce the issue. The query can only show 50 records in Access desktop or AWA.

As Access Web Apps are being retired and due to the limitation of the community support channel, I will suggest you contact the Microsoft professional support.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug, the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged.

To create an incident, I suggest you take the following steps:
    1. Open
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-my 
    2. Get More support->Developers
    3. Developers->Visual Studio, Microsoft imagine, BizSpark and WebsiteSpark->Microsoft Technical Support
    4. Select
    Office Professional Plus 2016
    5. Select the third option I use it as an IT Professional, developer or Microsoft partner->Next
    6. Create an incident->Access -> Web application

7. Start request

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 15, 2017 3:39 AM
  • Thankyou Celeste. I have done as you suggest and will report back to this forum

Jonathan

Friday, September 15, 2017 12:10 PM
  • I have verified this PROBLEM.

However, I found a work around in a datasheet view.

If I apply a Descending sort to a field (I used a date field) and then immediately apply an Ascending sort back onto that same field, then I do get all of the records.

I also noted that the initial limit was ~50 records, but less than ~60 records before applying the workaround.

With Joy Wend Your Way

Friday, September 15, 2017 1:20 PM
  • This problem was referred to the SharePoint Online team and now appears to have been resolved.
    • Marked as answer by Jonathan Gibbs Friday, September 22, 2017 5:24 PM
    Friday, September 22, 2017 5:24 PM
  • That's good news. Thanks for updating us.

With Joy Wend Your Way

Friday, September 22, 2017 5:26 PM