none
What is the best approach to integrate FORTRAN with .NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. This is the first time i write on MSDN.

I have some fortran source codes and i wish to integrate that programs into .NET projects.

I wish to know if there is any "official" support on this language with a compiler that compiles to CIL. I saw there are several third party solutions out there, but i would be happy to know if there is something recomended regarding FORTRAN and .NET interoperability or even integration.

Thanks, Paolo

Sunday, March 24, 2019 3:42 PM

All replies

• What FORTRAN compiler? That is critical. If the compiler cannot create a DLL then it will be difficult and if the compiler is not sold by Microsoft then you need to ask the vendor of the compiler.

There is probably a compiler that supports .Net but not one that Microsoft sells.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, March 24, 2019 8:56 PM
  • Thanks SAM, yes i saw there are several compilers out there compatible with visual studio, and in fact i was wondering if there was some that microsoft officially support.
    Monday, March 25, 2019 10:38 AM
  • Hi Paolo,

Welcome to the MSDN forum and sorry for this delay reply.

Per the description, please have a look at this doc, that maybe helps you.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:22 AM