How do I completely hide the header/footer on the first page in PDF export (Blank space problem) RRS feed

• Question

• User625999351 posted

I'm developing SSRS reports in SQL 2012.  Most of the reports I write are exported to PDF.  

The report is defined with a header and footer that are set up not to print on the first page.

The first page itself is just an Image.

The problem is that when the report is exported, the header and footer text is not displayed but there's still whitespace visible.  (The Report itself has it's Consume White Space option set to True.)  In fact in order to prevent spill-over to the next page, I had to reduce the image size to page size minus the heights of the header and footer.

Any way to fix this?

Monday, November 4, 2013 12:15 PM

Answers

• User816363141 posted

Hi,

In Reporting Services, each rendering extension processes page header and page footer differently. When export report to PDF, the header or footer is rendered at the top and bottom of every page within the usable page area. And on pages where the header or footer is hidden, the height of the header or footer is still reserved within the usable page area, even though the header or footer is not rendered. So, when we specify the property “Print On last Page” to false, space of the header or footer is still allocated. The behavior is by design.

For more information about the rendering rule on page header and page footer, please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255244.aspx

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 3:14 AM

All replies

• User1789048459 posted

Hi,

Please give me more information or code

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:43 AM
  • User816363141 posted

Hi,

In Reporting Services, each rendering extension processes page header and page footer differently. When export report to PDF, the header or footer is rendered at the top and bottom of every page within the usable page area. And on pages where the header or footer is hidden, the height of the header or footer is still reserved within the usable page area, even though the header or footer is not rendered. So, when we specify the property “Print On last Page” to false, space of the header or footer is still allocated. The behavior is by design.

For more information about the rendering rule on page header and page footer, please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255244.aspx

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 3:14 AM