Anonymous file upload or item attachments in Sharepoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I need to anonymous users can upload a file, in my Sharepoint Online (offce365) site.

I've tried with InfoPath and Sharepoint Designer (XSLT) forms but with no sucess. I've also tried with REST, but it works only with authenticated users.

Is there a way possible to an annonymous user upload an resumee in my Sharepoint Online site ?

Is there a way to a  sandobox solution do this operation ? 

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Ronei: This got me interested, I know we make it difficult to do this e.g. no mail enabled lists. Here are some alternatives.

1. You could try to sync with SkyDrive (not pro) or other file storage sites.
    2. You can create a drop team site with shared user account(s) that would have upload access. Think of it as secure file upload, I doubt you'd really want to have anonymous upload as anyone could take advantage of it.
    3. You can have a on-prem farm or cloud and enable it that way.
    4. InfoPath forms can email the form as an attachment (haven't tested this)

Also there's 3rd party software that accomplishes this My 2 cents.

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:06 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Ronei: This got me interested, I know we make it difficult to do this e.g. no mail enabled lists. Here are some alternatives.

1. You could try to sync with SkyDrive (not pro) or other file storage sites.
    2. You can create a drop team site with shared user account(s) that would have upload access. Think of it as secure file upload, I doubt you'd really want to have anonymous upload as anyone could take advantage of it.
    3. You can have a on-prem farm or cloud and enable it that way.
    4. InfoPath forms can email the form as an attachment (haven't tested this)

Also there's 3rd party software that accomplishes this My 2 cents.

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:06 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:48 PM
  • I think I found an answer.  Sorry it took me almost 5 years.  What about setting permissions at item level for lists.  Under list settings, advanced, you can set per item permission and permit user to see what he/she has created.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:28 AM