Issue Filling a Dataset RRS feed

• Question

• I'm writing a fairly simple program that uses a third-party (DevExpress) control to create and display a report.  Previously this code worked fine, but apparently some data was added which threw a monkey wrench in the cogs:

Dim report As New xrptTrendsControlling
            Dim connSQL As New SqlConnection()
            connSQL = GetSQLConnection()
            Dim strQuery As String = "SELECT * FROM qryReportTrendsControlling WHERE UProj_Report='True'"
            Dim daReport As New SqlDataAdapter(strQuery, connSQL)
            Dim dsReport As New DataSet
            dsReport.EnforceConstraints = False
            daReport.Fill(dsReport, "tblReport")

'report.DataAdapter = daReport
            ' report.DataAdapter
            report.DataSource = dsReport.Tables(0)

xtraReportPrinter.PrintingSystem = report.PrintingSystem
            xtraReportPrinter.Show()
            report.CreateDocument()

At the final like the program fails with this error: "Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints."

I've done some research on this, and made some changes so that all the values returned by the dataset include a unique ID, and no data that shouldn't be NULL is.  Additionally, I added the line in the code above:

Unfortunately, none of these have fixed my issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Why is nothing I try fixing this problem? I've already checked out the DevExpress forums, and they're saying that this is a data/VB.NET issue, nothing on their side.

Thank you!

Dustin

Monday, September 24, 2012 11:22 PM

Answers

• Dustin,

I'm a big advocate of Dev and one of the greatest things about them is their excellent support.

Log in and ask them a question - you'll have a reply back with a qualified answer in, my bet, under 24 hours. They're fantastic about that!

I've only ever set up report(s) using a TableAdapter so I'm out of my element to make a suggestion but they'll know!

Good luck on it. :)

Please call me Frank :)

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:14 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:48 AM

All replies

• Dustin,

I'm a big advocate of Dev and one of the greatest things about them is their excellent support.

Log in and ask them a question - you'll have a reply back with a qualified answer in, my bet, under 24 hours. They're fantastic about that!

I've only ever set up report(s) using a TableAdapter so I'm out of my element to make a suggestion but they'll know!

Good luck on it. :)

Please call me Frank :)

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:14 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:48 AM
  • I agree with Frank, but why do you not use in this report case

Dim strQuery As String = "SELECT VA_ID, UProj_Name, etc ........... FROM qryReportTrendsControlling WHERE UProj_Report='True'"

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:25 AM
  • Wow! Extremely excellent. 

Pl. Mark/Proposed as Answer if found your solution Vote as Helpful if related to your topic. Always Motivate others by performing this Action.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:37 PM