Simple but elegant way to work with Azure DB Windows Store app

Question

• G'day.

I am to work on a little app to pick up data from database, nothing fancy, but I find myself newbie to the Windows Store app development words.

At the moment, my app is functioning with a local db which has old data in it. I am to push the entire db to the cloud and everyday it will sync. Not sure how that will come in place, but at least, is there any direction I can store my db from local to the cloud to start off with?

Kindly help me out if you know some good source of info or you have experience in the past or sample simple code will make my day.

Regards

• Edited by Minh Dang Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:39 AM Word symbols attached
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:40 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and manner.

I have not set up the sync mechanism yet so far. I have set up my account with Azure on a free subscription basis.

I am able to generate a db on Azure with no data in it.

Is your answer get started with offline data in mobile services a right fix for me?

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Regards

Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:16 PM
  • You'll have to decide if it is the right answer for you. If a mobile services database backed by a local SQLite database is appropriate for your scenario then this is a good solution.
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:22 PM
    Owner