none
Seeking guidance creating WPF control library RRS feed

All replies

• Hi  SimonGuard,

>>I found the following articles and I would like to know if they are still relevant:

You can have a try.

>>What is the Visual Studio 2019 way of doing things?

As far as I know, WPF technology has not changed much in VS2019

You can refer the Visual Studio 2019 Release Notes to know more change in Visual Studio 2019.

>>Will things change with .NET Core 3.0?

As far as I know, things will change in .NET Core 3.0. The NET Core 3.0 is a new technology direction.

The latest .NET Core Version is v3.0.0-preview5 Released 2019-05-06.

You can refer the .NET Core Release information page to know more about Release information.

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:44 AM
  • I would like to try but the source code links in the articles no longer work.

https://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/DesignerExtensbility/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3583

It looks like archive.msdn.microsoft.com is no longer online. Is there another place where I can find the samples?

I need to know how to create these .design assemblies and how they get registered with visual studio. I'm looking for a start to finish walk-through.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:58 PM

• Hi    SimonGuard

Unfortunately, I did not find a complete example.

You can refer the following : declare the property in user control with TypeConverterAttribute specifying the ExpandableObjectconverter.

Wpf user control: makes complex properties editable
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13016992/wpf-user-control-makes-complex-properties-editable

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:38 AM
  • Since there are no answers on how to create a .design assembly I cannot mark this thread as answered.
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 4:37 PM
  • Hi    SimonGuard,

I found the following articles about creating your own custom designer experiences for the WPF Designer for Visual Studio. But, it is no longer updated.

WPF Designer Extensibility

The following samples are about Visual Studio Extensibility. Maybe it will helpful for you.

Visual Studio Extensibility Samples

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:20 AM