Copying files to multiple destinations based on information inside the file. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I am trying to find a way to copy files from one folder to different folders(Blob storage). I want to sort my XML files based on some key information/words inside the XML. I have used the copy and delete activity to move all the files into one folder, and delete them afterwards. Now i want to do the same thing, but i want to sort the files into two different folders based on the criterias. 

Is this possible?

(I am new to the Azure platform)

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Simen,

I was about to start writing a comprehensive answer on how to do it when I encountered a beautifully written blog on it. Please follow this blog for a detailed explanation on the same.

In short, Here are the summary steps to correct the problem:

• In the dataset, create parameter(s).
    • In the dataset, change the dynamic content to reference the new dataset parameters.
    • In the calling pipeline, you will now see your new dataset parameters.  Enter dynamic content referencing the original pipeline parameter.

You can use an if Condition activity to check for the condition and then send the files to different folders.

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer : The blog linked above is not an official blog posted by Microsoft.

Monday, August 12, 2019 11:44 AM
  • Hi Simen,

Just wanted to check - was the above suggestion useful to you ? If yes, do consider upvoting and/or marking as answer the above reply. This would help other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:30 AM
  • Hi Simen,

I haven't heard from you in quite some time - was the above suggestion helpful to you ? If yes, please consider upvoting and/or marking as answer. This would help other users reading this thread.

Friday, August 23, 2019 10:25 AM