Certification fails because mobile version is not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have submitted an application to the Marketplace which contains an ARM and a x86 package. The certification failed twice with this message:

Your app doesn’t install on one or more of your currently selected device families. Please check that your device family selection is correct and re-submit your app. Installs on: Desktop Does not install on: Mobile

I contacted the publishing support because the app works fine on all our mobile test devices. But the tech support replied that they cannot help with technical problems. So I submitted another package, now using test flight. Now I saw the problem: the app's ARM package is not available in the store. Only the x86 package is shown which cannot be installed of course.

I suspect that this is some glitch with the store system.

Regards,

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 4:04 PM

Answers

• The email tech support is also a joke - they send me the same instructions in cycles. I will drop Microsoft Store support for the application for now.

• Marked as answer by SyFr Friday, May 11, 2018 6:23 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have submitted an application to the Marketplace which contains an ARM and a x86 package. The certification failed twice with this message:

Your app doesn’t install on one or more of your currently selected device families. Please check that your device family selection is correct and re-submit your app. Installs on: Desktop Does not install on: Mobile

I contacted the publishing support because the app works fine on all our mobile test devices. But the tech support replied that they cannot help with technical problems. So I submitted another package, now using test flight. Now I saw the problem: the app's ARM package is not available in the store. Only the x86 package is shown which cannot be installed of course.

I suspect that this is some glitch with the store system.

Regards,
    • Merged by Mattew Wu Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:57 AM duplicate issue, user
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 4:09 PM
  • Hi SyFr,

>Installs on: Desktop Does not install on: Mobile

According to your failure report, it seems your arm package is missing in your certification. But you check the mobile device family so your certification fails.

You might try to generate an appxbundle file when create your package so that your x86 and arm package could be bundled together. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:47 AM
  • Arm and x86 packages are uploaded:

But the store page shows only the x86 package (also the minimum Windows version is wrong):

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 4:28 AM
  • Is there anyone whom I can contact regarding this issue?
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:17 AM
  • Hi Syfr,

You could create a support ticket through your developer account regarding this issue.

Please select Applications as your Issue Type and submit an incident.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:09 AM
  • I have again uploaded an appxbundle to test flight containing both architectures. Let's see if this works now (hopefully the certification does not take more than 3 days again...).

Usually I submit separate packages for each architecture (for other applications) and it works flawlessly. This time something went totally wrong.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:44 AM
  • The combined app bundle shows the same problem. I will create a support ticket as you suggested.
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:39 PM
  • The email tech support is also a joke - they send me the same instructions in cycles. I will drop Microsoft Store support for the application for now.

• Marked as answer by SyFr Friday, May 11, 2018 6:23 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 6:23 AM