Class Library project target framework does not display installed .NET versions RRS feed

• Question

• I have an existing solution with different types of projects targeting the .NET framework 4.5.2. But in the same solution when I add a Class Library project which is downloaded from GitHub, it always defaults to .NET 2.0 and and in project properties it does not display the newer frameworks so I cannot even change the target framework to 4.5.2.

• Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, October 15, 2018 2:06 PM VS related
    Monday, October 15, 2018 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are sure it's a ".NET Framework 2.0" project ? Not a ".NET Standard 2.0" ?

Because the .NET Standard projects are a specific kind of project, and we can't change the the kind of project.

You can reference a ".NET Standard 2.0" with a ".NET Framework 4.6" project, if you can't upgrade the .NET version, the solution is to create a new class library with .NET 4.5.2 and adding all files.

Regards, 

Yan Grenier

Merci de bien vouloir "Marquer comme réponse", les réponses qui ont répondues à votre question, et de noter les réponses que vous avez trouvé utiles.

Monday, October 15, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Hi Gayatri KDV,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Where did you download the Class Library project and what’s your VS version? We will try to test it in our side and check if this issue relates to this specific Class Library project or your VS.

If you create a new Class Library project inside this solution, and go to properties page, then check the target framework can be modified or not.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:53 AM