Import from excel formatting text numbers as scientific RRS feed

• Question

• I am importing from 2 tabs in an excel file, they both have a column CISCompanyId.  They are both formatted as text and have the same values.  I am importing these into 2 tables Template and RawData.  I created a package and imported.  When looking at the data in the tables 1 shows as scientific and the other text.  

Any help appreciated!

<inputColumn
      refId="Package\Data Flow Task 1\Destination 1 - Template.Inputs[Destination Input].Columns[CISCompanyID]"
      lineageId="Package\Data Flow Task 1\Source 1 - Template$.Outputs[Excel Source Output].Columns[CISCompanyID]"
      externalMetadataColumnId="Package\Data Flow Task 1\Destination 1 - Template.Inputs[Destination Input].ExternalColumns[CISCompanyID]"
      cachedName="CISCompanyID"
      cachedDataType="wstr"
      cachedLength="255" />

<inputColumn
      refId="Package\Data Flow Task 1\Destination - RawData.Inputs[Destination Input].Columns[CISCompanyID]"
      lineageId="Package\Data Flow Task 1\Source - RawData$.Outputs[Excel Source Output].Columns[CISCompanyID]"
      externalMetadataColumnId="Package\Data Flow Task 1\Destination - RawData.Inputs[Destination Input].ExternalColumns[CISCompanyID]"
      cachedName="CISCompanyID"
      cachedDataType="wstr"
      cachedLength="255" />

McC

Monday, December 31, 2018 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi John Basedow,

This forum discusses and asks questions about extending and integrating with Visual Studio, I am not sure that your issue is related to visual studio extension. could you please describe it in detailed.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 4, 2019 7:14 AM