none
How do you know if you have a valid license key? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems to deploy some programs containing third party dll  and I was wondering if it might be because the license key is not up-to-date...
    The company's support guy gave me a copy of MSVS2010 Premium and I have no idea if I have the license for it and if I am legal to deploy the programs I made.

In the "About" form, it says that it is "Licensed to Microsoft" but if I click on "Register Product", it says "A valid product key has been entered for Microsoft Visual Studio"

So, how do you know if you have a valid license key for Visual Studio 2010?

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:31 PM

Answers

• I think you'll get a better response to this question in the Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum: this forum is specifically for VSTO (AddIns for Excel, PowerPoint, etc).

FWIW if the message you get is "A valid product key has been entered for Microsoft Visual Studio" I doubt not being licensed is causing a deployment issue.

If you are having difficulties deploying a VSTO solution, could you tell us more? Does it show up as an 'Inactive' AddIn on the list (Office/File button -> Options -> AddIns)?

• Marked as answer by VBcatsy Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:40 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:17 PM

All replies

• I think you'll get a better response to this question in the Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum: this forum is specifically for VSTO (AddIns for Excel, PowerPoint, etc).

FWIW if the message you get is "A valid product key has been entered for Microsoft Visual Studio" I doubt not being licensed is causing a deployment issue.

If you are having difficulties deploying a VSTO solution, could you tell us more? Does it show up as an 'Inactive' AddIn on the list (Office/File button -> Options -> AddIns)?

• Marked as answer by VBcatsy Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:40 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:17 PM
  •  About the difficulty of deploying, it might be security rules of the compagny.  I will try as being not on network and do more test.

Thanks for the hint (moving the question to VS setup)

Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:42 PM