Workflow updating item in another list failing on calculated column, just started 9/30 (SharePoint Online) RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday, I had a workflow that would take a couple of calculated columns and using the "Update Item" action, was successfully updating a column (type: Number) in another list with that value. Last night, stopped working and now fails and goes to an internal status of Suspended.

Error message mentions "...An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidCastException: The value 'd/results(0)/DetectTotal' cannot be read as type 'Double'.   at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1...".

The calculated column is still working fine, nothing changed on either side. But the workflow hiccups on it (DynamicValueProperty) now.

I have tried changing the receiving lists field type to SLoT (single-line of text) but error continues. I will probably have to move the date/time columns over and do the calc on the receiving list, but seems strange that it a) was working, and b) have to duplicate calculations in two lists to get same value.  

Anyone know if an upgrade was rolled out to SharePoint online tenants that might be cause of this?

• Edited by BPCSBarb Friday, September 30, 2016 10:38 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 10:38 PM

Answers