none
Getting Assignment Status For Current Resource Using PSI? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm building some custom code for Project Server 2010 which needs to essentially replicate some of the functionality of the My Work (Tasks.aspx) page in PWA.  Part of this means reading the data which shows up there in the "Process Status" column (values like Awaiting Approval, Accepted, Rejected).

I've thus far been unable to find the right method call to the Statusing Service which will give me the "Awaiting Approval" status.  I've tried the following:

• StatusingClient.ReadAssignments and StatusingClient.ReadStatus.  The field WASSN_ACTUALS_PENDING has 1 = Accepted and 2 = Rejected but no other statuses.  Assignments which are submitted for approval have a 0 in this field.
    • StatusingClient.ReadStatusForResource.  Same result set as ReadStatus because I'm already impersonating the user that I want.
    • StatusingClient.ReadStatusApprovalsInProcess and StatusingClient.ReadStatusApprovalsSubmitted.  These both seem to return values which would show up in Approval Center for the logged in user.  They both have a field IS_PUBLISHED which specifies Accepted, Rejected, and Pending Approval.  However, this does not return Assignments which are assigned to the current user and have someone else as a the Status Manager.

Anyone have an idea of how to get to the "Awaiting Approval" status which I see in PWA?

Thanks,
    Frank

Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

Please note that the below changes noted in the fields while resource submit the task.

Before checking whether it is approved or rejected using WASSN_ACTUALS_PENDING, Check for the below field having the approval status pending.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Submit for Approval**
    ASSN_RESPONSE_PENDING=1
    WASSN_MGR_UPDATED=0

**Approved**
    ASSN_RESPONSE_PENDING=0
    WASSN_MGR_UPDATED=1

**Rejected**
    ASSN_RESPONSE_PENDING=0
    WASSN_MGR_UPDATED=0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

check StatusingDataSet.AssignmentsRow members in the below link.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvcstatusing.statusingdataset.assignmentsrow_di_pj14mref_members.aspx

Thanks,

Nalin

Friday, November 29, 2013 9:06 PM