Publisher and consumer farm. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can anyone please clearly below doubts of mine? In case when one farm publish a managed meta data service and anther farm consumed the same:

1. Will consumer farm access the terms sets directly from publisher farm or maintain the local copy too?

2. Any change in term set at publisher farm will be immediately available at consumer farm?

3. Will it possible to modify the term set defined at publisher farm in consumer farm. If it is possible then how these changes will be synchronised to publisher farm.

4. Is it possible to have one publisher farm and multiple consumer farms? As per my answer is yes.

5. Will local farm also web application use the proxy connection to communicate with managed meta data service?

Regards, Amit

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:32 PM

Answers

• Will consumer farm access the terms sets directly from publisher farm or maintain the local copy too? i think MMD store everything in database, so its fetch from Database.

2. Any change in term set at publisher farm will be immediately available at consumer farm? Yes

3. Will it possible to modify the term set defined at publisher farm in consumer farm. If it is possible then how these changes will be synchronised to publisher farm.? "Yes, you can...here is detailed list of task you can do at publisher farm 'http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424400.aspx'"

Yes, their is timer job which will run and sync the stuff"

4. Is it possible to have one publisher farm and multiple consumer farms? As per my answer is yes.

Yes, you can consume it to multiple farm

5. Will local farm also web application use the proxy connection to communicate with managed meta data service?

hope this works.

Thanks -WS SharePoint administrator, MCITP(SharePoint 2010)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:12 PM