capturing video with the cameracaptureUI RRS feed

• Question

• hello guys.

I want to capture video with my web cam. can someone tell me why do I need to set the microphone capability to make it work? (without it, I receive an error when I start saving the video)

In other words, setting only the web cam permission is not enough for capturing videos, though it does allow me to take pictures. it does not make sense because I should be able to capture video without audio (in fact, I have no mic connected to the system)

thanks.

PS: just to make it clear, what I'm saying is that the CameraCaptureUI should have a property which enables/disables audio support. I shouldn't have to build my own dialog because my app does not support audio and I don't want to enable that capability in the manifest...

Luis Abreu

Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Luis,

I understand.

This is by design.  There is no way to recored a Video without Audio.  If you do not have a microphone it will simply recored a silent video. 

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, May 11, 2012 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

I understand.

This is by design.  There is no way to recored a Video without Audio.  If you do not have a microphone it will simply recored a silent video. 

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, May 11, 2012 12:46 PM
  • Yes, that is correct.

What I'm suggesting is exposing a property which will let me enable or disable the audio. Disabling the audio would mean not having to enable the microphone capability.

Luis Abreu

Friday, May 11, 2012 2:02 PM
  • I understand that Luis, thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, May 11, 2012 2:10 PM